Interested in the Beta for Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR)?
It’s YABO time! No, that’s not a Fred Flintstone reference; it’s Yet Another Beta Opportunity (YABO). OK, so that’s not really a sanctioned Symantec Acronym but I’m using it from now on anyways.
Speaking of Acronyms, what I run is really more of a UAT (User Acceptance Testing) program cycle. It starts with Beta, moves into a Release Candidate (RC) cycle, and finishes with the First Availability (FA) phase. But enough about boring naming logistics, let's get to the core of what we are talking about for this BESR UAT program.
Some of the highlights of what’s new/updated:
- New OS/Database platform support including SharePoint 2010
- Significant improvements to the SRD (Symantec Recovery Disk) custom wizard
- Updated Linux platform support
- Multiple improvements to the Management Solution (MS) including Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64) support
- Status marker on the tray icon will be moved to the LOWER RIGHT! (OK, maybe that’s really a big highlight, I’m just checking to see if you are still reading).
If you want to try out the pre-release then just use the following link to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Interested in BESR UAT program)
Be sure to apply soon as we will be limiting how many participants can be admitted to the program.