ITMS 7.1 Beta - Now Available
ITMS 7.1 is the latest and most advanced version of the Altiris IT management software. The following are the key suite-level features planned for this release:
· Enhanced UI for improved usability and performance – navigation in the new UI for managing Computers and Software is specifically designed to help administrators quickly find the data and management options they need. The look-and-feel and responsiveness of the new UI is intended to greatly improve user productivity and satisfaction.
· Inclusion of full Symantec Workflow – Workflow is the means to tie together Symantec and other environments, to connect people, process and information, and to automate and enforce procedures. All Workflow components and capabilities are available through ITMS and associated management suites.
· Inclusion of IT Analytics data analysis capability – IT Analytics incorporates multi-dimensional analysis and robust graphical reporting and distribution features. This enables users to explore data without advanced knowledge of databases or third-party reporting tools. Both IT Analytics and the packs for Client Management Suite, Server Management Suite, and Asset Management Suite are included with their corresponding suites.
· Support for installing on a 64-bit server – all Client Management Suite, Server Management Suite, and Asset Management Suite solutions and components are supported on 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.
· Simplified software license management – software-based usage tracking is provided through the new Silverlight-based UI for intuitive license management.
Additionally, important enhancements are provided in various individual functional areas. The following are some examples:
· Deployment Solution – support for extended driver types in Deploy Anywhere (HII); RDeploy-style multicast and imaging over HTTP in the Ghost engine; Solaris imaging.
· Inventory – application metering performance and scalability improvements.
· Monitor/Server Health – Windows and Linux s server health monitor policy.
· OOBM – Integration of new Intel SCS 56.4 for complete SQL 2008 support.
· Patch Management – Linux endpoints no longer require Internet access to verify entitlement status.
· pcA Solution – policy pages have targets and schedules as hierarchy editable properties.
· PC Transplant – support for 64-bit MS Office 2010.
· Real-time System Manager – 1-to-1 and 1-to-many out-of-band BIOS management; scalability validation for large number of clients powered on.
· Software Management – new UI for dynamic creation of software products, new software product based display, and software-based usage tracking; separate scheduling for program execution and download in Managed Delivery Policies; hierarchy editable properties (HEP) support.
· VM Management – simplification of credentials setup and use; integration of DS Jobs in Create VM Wizard.