This month’s report takes a closer look at how spammers are taking advantage of major calendar events (The New Year, Valentine’s Day and the Olympic games) to target potential victims.
- Spam – 69.0 percent (an increase of 1.3 percentage points since December 2011): page 5
- Phishing – One in 370.0 emails identified as phishing (an increase of 0.06 percentage points since December 2011): page 7
- Malware – One in 295.0 emails contained malware (a decrease of 0.02 percentage points since December 2011): page 9
- Malicious Web sites – 2,102 Web sites blocked per day (a decrease of 77.4 percent since December 2011): page 11
- Spammers continue to take advantage of holidays and events: page 2
- Best Practices for Enterprises and Users: page 14