Here you can gain relevant and timely information related to Symantec’s business units and IT Trends to support you with your research. More Details
Symantec Announces New Strategy to Fuel Growth and Plans to Separate into Two Public Industry-Leading Technology Companies
On October 9th, Symantec announced a separation of Symantec’s businesses that will create two distinct industry-leading technology companies: one focused on security; and the other on information management. Learn more here
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO
On September 25, 2014 the Board of Directors of Symantec Corp. announced the appointment of Michael A. Brown as the company’s CEO. Mr. Brown has been serving as interim president and CEO since March 2014. For more details please read this blog: Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO.
Hear from the Symantec leadership team
Blog: Information Unleashed: The Official Voice of Symantec Our executives use this blog as a place to communicate directly with you and to share updates on company strategy, highlights from company news or discuss their opinions on the state of the industry.
- A Vision for Converged Backup Infrastructure
- Evolving Telco Technologies Pose New Security Challenges
- It’s a New World, It’s a New Norton
- How IT can positively impact company earnings through the renewals and retention processes
- Google Rewards Secure Websites with Higher Search Ranking
- AllSeen and All-Embracing Alliance for Symantec
- Hillary Clinton and Symantec Announce Launch Of SC3 Program
- Integrated Appliances Reshaping the Backup Market
On November 19th, Symantec and HP announced a joint initiative to develop, sell, market, deliver, and support a cloud-based service called HP Helion and Symantec Continuity based on HP Helion OpenStack. This low-cost cloud solution provides Recovery As-a-Service, based on HP Helion OpenStack. The initial customer release of the service will be October 2015.
What’s new for our Partners - Partner Engage 2014
In October, we brought together 280 focus partners for our annual Partner Engage conference in Scottsdale, AZ. Partners came to hear from Symantec’s leadership team on the state of the business, and the rational for the separation. Partners gave us feedback that they are excited to hear how each business, Security and Information Management, will be more successful as a separate company due to increased focus, reduced operational complexity, and better strategic flexibility. You can access the presentations from the day here.
“We think Symantec splitting the business into two separate entities is a positive step forwards, here's why…see blog post”
Hear the latest about the Symantec Partner Program, the company separation and more with Rick Kramer, VP NAM Channel Sales in this video: Partner Update
Symantec Security Response - Latest News
- Mobile spyware makers are on shaky ground as the law begins to catch up with them
- Malicious links: Spammers change malware delivery tactics
- TorLocker ransomware variant designed to target Japanese users
- Underground black market: Thriving trade in stolen data, malware, and attack services
- Mind the gap: Are air-gapped systems safe from breaches?
- Destover: Destructive malware has links to attacks on South Korea
- Smart security for today's smart homes: Don't let attackers spoil your Christmas