Here you can gain relevant and timely information related to Symantec’s business units and IT Trends to support you with your research. More Details
Symantec Announces New Strategy to Fuel Growth and Plans to Separate into Two Public Industry-Leading Technology Companies
On October 9th, Symantec announced a separation of Symantec’s businesses that will create two distinct industry-leading technology companies: one focused on security; and the other on information management. Learn more here
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO
On September 25, 2014 the Board of Directors of Symantec Corp. announced the appointment of Michael A. Brown as the company’s CEO. Mr. Brown has been serving as interim president and CEO since March 2014. For more details please read this blog: Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO.
Hear from the Symantec leadership team
Blog: Information Unleashed: The Official Voice of Symantec Our executives use this blog as a place to communicate directly with you and to share updates on company strategy, highlights from company news or discuss their opinions on the state of the industry.
- A Vision for Converged Backup Infrastructure
- Evolving Telco Technologies Pose New Security Challenges
- It’s a New World, It’s a New Norton
- How IT can positively impact company earnings through the renewals and retention processes
- Google Rewards Secure Websites with Higher Search Ranking
- AllSeen and All-Embracing Alliance for Symantec
- Hillary Clinton and Symantec Announce Launch Of SC3 Program
- Integrated Appliances Reshaping the Backup Market
Innovation and Acceleration
Symantec's vision of the future centres around three areas: unified security, unified information management, identity and intelligence. In this video Symantec’s leadership team provides an overview of its vision and strategy as well as key priorities going forward.
What’s New for Our Partners?
We shared the details around the redesigned Partner Program framework at Partner Engage in Budapest, Hungary in February. This framework will better support the way Symantec’s partners do business by fostering stronger partnerships that enable growth and delivering differentiated value to our customers. Read the blogs by Garrett Jones, VP Global Channel Operations (here) and John Eldh, VP Channel Sales (here) for more insights. Want to hear from our partners? Watch this video.
Symantec Security Response - Latest News
- Hacked Snapchat accounts use native chat feature to spread diet pill spam
- Australians increasingly hit by global tide of cryptomalware
- ShellShock: All you need to know about the Bash Bug vulnerability
- How to secure your new iPhone in three simple steps Life on Mars: How attackers took advantage of hope for alien existance in new Darkmoon campaign
2014 Internet Security Threat Report, Volume 19
The Internet Security Threat Report provides an overview and analysis of the year in global threat activity. The report is based on data from the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, which Symantec's analysts use to identify, analyse, and provide commentary on emerging trends in the dynamic threat landscape. Download the report here.
Symantec in the News
Bloomberg West ran a broadcast interview featuring Stephen Gillett, EVP and Chief Operating Officer, discussing the Internet Security Threat Report in a segment titled, “How to fight the rise of the mega breach.”
Do it simply, safely, and quickly. Do it all.
Symantec is often perceived as an antivirus company when in fact, we have a broad range of capabilities. Symantec’s greatest strength and greatest opportunity is its entire portfolio. Despite being seen as a collection of disparate pieces, the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts. Symantec's Alix Hart, VP, Brand, Digital & Advertising was featured in an article about Symantec’s new brand campaign which highlights its attempt to communicate to organisations that they can look to the company for more than just data security and "Do It All" through the products and services Symantec has to offer.
New Executives @ Symantec
- Symantec Appoints Thomas Seifert as Chief Financial Officer
- Symantec Appoints Amit Mital as Chief Technology Officer
- Symantec Appoints Sheila Jordan as Chief Information Officer