Msispy: A Tool to Display Component-Level View of System
Msispy is an utility which comes along with Windows installer SDK. If you want to troubleshoot a MSI package in component level or feature level, I will recommend this tool as the best option for repackagers.It provides a nice GUI and command line utilities which makes it very user friendly.
MsiSpy provides a component level view of the products and features installed on a system, using either an MSI Package, or the registry information. Msispy also displays the status of each, and allows you to partially or completely re-install missing or damaged items. You can also re-configure any product or feature, selecting the install level, and specifying whether to install it locally or run it from a network server.
Some of the main features are;
- It allows you to open an MSI package and display all information about it.
- It display information about all the products installed on the computer.
- Allows you to load a profile of the system previously saved by Msispy.
- It save a complete profile of the system onto a file in text format.
- Helps to Restore Saved State
- It checks the differences between the configuration in the saved state and the current system configuration.
- List properties of files (current size, creation, last access and modification dates etc..) and if the file is broken it marks it with an icon.
- Allows you to re-install the missing components and all the components from it's original install source.
- It helps to configure \ Uninstall the product and features.
- Support command line options11.Supports OLE Automation