Need Help Deploying Symantec Data Loss Prevention?
There are many issues users encounter when trying to deploy a new system. This is no different for Symantec Data Loss Prevention users. There are several ways to get help with these issues before contacting technical support:
1) Through the Symantec Connect Community, which has a private group set up for DLP customers, and
Here are a few of the issues you can find answers to:
1. Occasionally, you may install or update an agent and see that the agent status remains red. You can view the online help within your DLP installation, or visit the DLP knowledgebase: KB 47980: Agent status troubleshooting
2. When the server account for the administrator is locked, follow the steps outlined in KB 42376: Unable to Log in to the UI: The Enforce Server Locks Out the Administrator
3. If you are having trouble with FileReader restarts, this KB will provide some steps to take and things to look for when troubleshooting these types of issues. 43009: Troubleshooting File Reader Restarts
4. If the Endpoint agent is not connecting to the Endpoint Server, see KB 42221: How to connect the Agent with the Endpoint Server
In addition, you can find links to many DLP documents, such as the Admin Guides, Network Sizing Guide, Install and Upgrade Guide, and Release Notes.