I'm very pleased to announce that a new Maintenance Release for NetBackup 7.1 is now available!
NetBackup 188.8.131.52 is fourth and final maintenance release for NetBackup 7.1. It is a cumulative release - which means it includes all previous fixes from the 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 maintenance releases. In addition, this release contains fixes to overall 250 issues including most commonly downloaded EEBs, several customer escalations and internal engineering defects.
The significant contents of this release are:
- Server side Auto Image Rebasing for better data locality and improved rehydration/restore performance
- Resiliency improvements to address common issues and avoid RecoverCR runs as much possible, RecoverCR Lite tool to reduce downtime, Optimized Duplication (Opt-Dup) bandwidth throttling improvements
- Improved performance of first client dedupe backup over the WAN – either by using a new seeding utility for server side seeding or by using client side seeding configuration
- Ability to spawn multi-processes on NetBackup client to have a better multi-streaming client dedupe backup performance in a data centre
- Default option of using whole image copy mode to reduce the amount of network chatter to get moderate performance gains for remote office client dedupe backups
This release has undergone thorough quality checks. Close to 1500 functional tests and 600 system tests were executed before making it Generally Available. This was a truly global effort where teams from US, India and China were involved in making of this release.
To download 22.214.171.124, please visit the following page:
126.96.36.199 Download Links
This is a MAINTENANCE Release (as opposed to a Release Update) - it can ONLY be applied on top of NetBackup 7.1. (If you are running 7.0 or 7.0.1, you will need to upgrade to 7.1 before you can apply 188.8.131.52.)
Please note that maintenance releases are CUMULATIVE - that means that 184.108.40.206 contains all product fixes included in 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 AND 126.96.36.199. If you are currently running NetBackup 7.1, you may apply the 188.8.131.52 maintenanace release without installing 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168. In fact, if you are still running NetBackup 7.1, we would HIGHLY encourage applying 22.214.171.124!
To check to see if your particular Etrack is resolved in NetBackup 126.96.36.199, please refer to these Release Notes:
NetBackup 188.8.131.52 Release Notes
As mentioned above, with the NetBackup 7.5 release now available, it is expected that this will be the final maintenance release for NetBackup 7.1.