NetBackup 7.5 now available!
I'm very pleased to announce that NetBackup 7.5 is now available!
- Replication Director
This feature offers a unified, policy-based management of backups, snapshots and replication.
NetApp Plug-in for Symantec NetBackup Replication Director” and an hotfix for NetBackup 7.5. Both will be available beginning mid-March 2012. The hotfix for NetBackup will be available on Symantec support web site and the plug-in will be available on the NetApp NOW Site.
This release offers improved deduplication integration, scalability, performance, and stability.
NetBackup for VMware and NetBackup for Hyper-V have both been improved. If you are still running agents "in the guest", it is time to leverage the benefits in these built-for-virtualization solutions.
This feature offers intelligent, streamlined backups to disk. It addresses the increase in the amount of data to backup and the need to reduce the backup windows.
This feature provides an Information Management solution that couples backup, recovery, archive, and discovery.
This release contains a new Cloud-based storage that features Encryption.
This feature provides data collection and upload capabilities for NetBackup and OpsCenter installations.
- New platform support has been added to provide automated Bare Metal Restore of more platforms and configurations; expand embedded deduplication, and expand support to address market needs for database agents.
- Mac OSX 10.7 Client
- BMR Client and boot server support for the following platforms:
- Red Hat 6
- AIX 7.1
- Solaris 10 ZFS (Sparc/x64)
- Linux native multi-path
- Auto Image Replication for BMR images
- Deduplication for AIX MSDP and Client
- Added support for the following agents
- Enterprise Vault 10
- New - Sybase Agent (Solaris 10 x64)
- New - Informix Agent (Solaris 10 x64)
- SharePoint 2010 SP1
- Exchange 2010 SP2
NetBackup Support assistance for installations and upgrades is available for NetBackup 7.x on the Symantec Operational Readiness Tools (SORT) website. These tools will help determine the requirements for master, media, and clients.
NetBackup SORT landing page
NetBackup 7.5 Download Information:
NetBackup 7.5 Late Breaking News:
NetBackup 7.5 Upgrade Portal
NetBackup 7.5 Manuals: