I’m extremely happy to announce that NetBackup 22.214.171.124 is now Generally Available!
NetBackup 126.96.36.199 is our first maintenance release for the NetBackup 7.6 line ("188.8.131.52" was our "7.6 GA" release). This release contains fixes to 568 issues including resolutions for most commonly downloaded EEBs, customer escalations, and critical internally found defects. 184.108.40.206 also provides several critical security fixes and many high-demand proliferations to our customers. The significant content of this release is:
- Almost 200 customer-related defect fixes, including 12 issues highlighted in the 7.6 Late Breaking News
- Security fixes - most notably, removal/update of all components making use of an OpenSSL version potentially affected by "Heartbleed"
- Parity with 220.127.116.11 - if you were still waiting for a 18.104.22.168 fix to make it into the 7.6 line, here's your update!
- Oracle 12c
- Hyper-V 2012 R2 w/File level GRT
- VDDK 5.5 (I understand that some of you are interested in this one!)
- FT Media Server SLES 11 SP3
- BMR Proliferations (Solaris 11.1, Suse 11 SP2/SP3, Windows 2012/8, RHEL6 XEN)
- Amazon Cloud Non-US Regions Support (7.5 line parity)
To download 22.214.171.124, please visit the following page:
NetBackup 126.96.36.199 Download Links
This is a MAINTENANCE Release for NetBackup (as opposed to a Release Update) - it can ONLY be applied on top of NetBackup 7.6 GA. (If you are currently running 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1, 7.1.0.x, 7.5 OR 7.5.0.x, you will need to upgrade to 7.6 GA before you can apply 188.8.131.52.)
To check to see if your particular Etrack is resolved in NetBackup 184.108.40.206, please refer to these Release Notes and our updated EEB guide:
NetBackup 220.127.116.11 Release Notes
Symantec NetBackup 7.6 Emergency Engineering Binary Guide
The NetBackup 7.6 Late Breaking News has also been updated to reflect newly released fixes in 18.104.22.168 for some of our highest visibility issues:
NetBackup 7.6 Late Breaking News
Bookmark the NetBackup Product Landing Page to have these links and many more useful links handy: