Symantec already has some of the strongest talent in the industry and that roster is growing – including several new senior executive roles that I’m very excited to announce today. These new team members will bring a fresh perspective and help drive innovative thinking as we solve critical customer problems.
One of the most important objectives for any leader is to build a strong and empowered team; if you do this right, I believe you can accomplish greatness. Joining us from other innovative technology brands like Google, Amazon and Microsoft, these new leaders share this team-building philosophy and possess deep expertise in areas spanning security, cloud, end-user sensibility and customer experience.
- Manny Kostas, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will be leveraging a broad base of experience to lead our global marketing organization to reimagine the Symantec brand, while leveraging new frontiers of digital and traditional marketing. Manny joins us from Polycom, where he led the Worldwide Product and Program Management organization, after more than two decades in senior leadership roles with HP. In his role as SVP of marketing and strategy for HP, Manny guided their printing and web services business from $11B to $26B, with leading market positioning in every category.
- Colleen Lacter, Chief Communications Officer (CCO) will be responsible for enhancing our corporate reputation, product awareness and thought leadership equity by influencing stakeholder perceptions. She has a track record for delivering results, strategic planning, engaging storytelling and creative problem solving. Colleen left Waggener Edstrom, Microsoft’s agency of record, where she served as a member of the executive leadership team where she launched many key products, including Windows 95, Internet Explorer, MSN and Bing.
- Julie Talbot-Hubbard, Chief Security Officer (CSO) will establish and drive strategy for maintaining our information security, business resiliency and physical security programs to ensure that our resources, infrastructure and assets are properly protected – with our products. She recently left her post as chief information security officer for The Ohio State University to join Symantec. Julie was a Symantec customer at Cardinal Health and Bank One/JP Morgan Chase and has deep firsthand knowledge about implementing and using our products.
- Matt Lynch, Senior Vice President of eBusiness will be responsible for shifting and broadening Symantec’s online experience with customers, prospects and partners as we make the transition from eCommerce into eBusiness. Matt brings knowledge from one of the leading brands in cloud computing and has a customer-centric mentality and experience in eBusiness. He was most recently COO at IMDb.com, an Amazon.com subsidiary. Matt has held other management positions at Amazon.com, as well as at Microsoft and General Mills.
- Stephen McHenry, Senior Vice President of Cloud Platform Engineering will be responsible for building Symantec’s global cloud infrastructure and offerings, including our scalable cloud infrastructure strategy. Steve has held titles of CIO and CTO as well as engineering chancellor at Google. His responsibilities at Google included leading the security engineering teams responsible for ensuring the 24/7 operations of 42 different infrastructure services. Prior to Google, he also held roles at Silverturn Internet, Netflix and Emasys Corporation.