NEW Netbackup 5220 appliance
Created: 18 Aug 2011 | Updated: 13 Nov 2013 | 1 comment
The 5220 appliance has officially shipped.
- Suitable for environments of any size–starting at 4TB and expandable up to 36TB of useable disk, it is ideal for remote offices, regional offices, and enterprise data centers
- Multiple functional roles–NetBackup 5220 can be deployed as master server, media server or both for a NetBackup environment
- Reduction in storage–Decrease storage 10-50x and up to 99% reduction in bandwidth consumption
- Flexible deduplication options–Deduplication at source or appliance, inline or post-process
- Up to 32 TB of deduplication capacity per appliance–protect several hundred terabytes of data
For more information click here:
5220 Appliance Datasheet:
Which appliance is right for you?
Symantec's NetBackup Appliance family consists of two series:
- NetBackup 5200 series - a single-vendor enterprise backup appliance with deduplication
- 5200: enterprise backup appliance with 32TB storage
- 5220: enterprise backup appliance with expandable storage starting at 4TB.
- NetBackup 5000 series - a scalable deduplication appliance for the enterprise
- 5000: global deduplication pool scalable from 16TB to 96TB
- 5020: global deduplication pool scalable from 32TB to 192TB