Symantec’s Veritas Operations Services (VOS) 2.1 went live on April 2nd, 2010. This release offers many advancements, including:
First, we now support NetBackup for the Installation and Upgrade General Checklist: a single report containing all information and links needed for a simple, fast, and low risk installation or upgrade of NBU products. To date, VOS has reduced installation support issues and we anticipate similar benefits for NBU.
Second, we created new features:
- VCS agent information, documentation, notifications, and downloads
- Organized and searchable product documentation
- Navigation to view and sort all patches associated with a SF specific product release
- Risk Assessment statistics
Finally, we enhanced:
- Tracking patch notifications sent to customers
- Risk Assessments that are cluster-aware
- New Risk Assessment checks including several for Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC
- Support for keyless licensing
- New UMI error code descriptions and solutions
- Direct uploads to a customer’s VOS account from the data collector
Visit VOS at vos.symantec.com <http://vos.symantec.com> to experience firsthand the services thousands of Symantec customers value.