New Release: CommandCentral Storage 5.2 and CommandCentral Change Manager 5.2
Created: 05 Oct 2010 | Updated: 13 Nov 2013
What’s New in CommandCentral Storage 5.2?
- Agentless discovery of hosts by running discovery scripts
CommandCentral can now discover a remote host by running scripts that collect data from the host. This discovery feature does not require you to install any software on the host. The discovery provides end-to-end visibility from the file system to the spindle. Because an agent is not required, agent-less discovery eliminates agent deployment and maintenance and minimizes CPU and memory consumption.
- Discovery of Storage Foundation hosts through the Unified Agent
The Unified Agent is a part of Veritas Storage Foundation. It consists of the VRTSsfmh package, which collects information about a host that includes a Storage Foundation product. Wherever Storage Foundation is installed, CommandCentral can use the agent to discover information about the host. This feature lets you leverage the existing agents that you have installed in your environment without having to install a Standard Agent.
- Control Host (formerly Managed Host with Operations Manager, and discovers VMware ESX)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.5 support
- Discovery of Solaris ZFS file systems
- Discovery of Solaris Zones
- Discovery of VMware guest operating systems through VMware tools.
- VMware with NAS storage support
- Reclamation reports
- Thin provisioning (Hitachi, EMC Symmetrix DMX-3, DMX-4, V-MAX, IBM XIV)
- Discovery of IBM XIV
- Discovery of FalconStor NSS
- Discovery of IBM DS8700
- Monitoring of EMC Symmetrix Arrays
- EMC Dymanic LUN Addressing (DLA)
- Discovery of drive type and drive rpm for Symmetrix physical disks
- NetApp De-duplication
- Support for NetApp cluster modes
- Discovery of Cisco Device Alias
- Brocade MPR
- Storage Foundation 5.1 for UNIX discovery
- Veritas Cluster Server 5.1 for UNIX discovery
- Kerberos support for DB2
- DB2 support for Linux
- Oracle 11tgR2 ASM
- Discovery of Oracle ASM disks for udev devices
- SCSI tape discovery disabled by default
Management Server Requirements:
- Solaris 8, 9, 10 (SPARC)(Global Zone)
- Windows Server 2000 SP3 or later
- Windows Server 2003 (32 and 64bit)
- Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64bit)
- VMWare ESX VM (Windows Server only)
See the CommandCentral Storage 5.2 Release Notes for MH, CH or other requirements.