Today, Symantec released Veritas Operations Manager (VOM) 6.0, which brings the organization a step closer in delivering on the vision of providing complete end-to-end business continuity across the data center.
Veritas Operations Manager is a centralized operationally focused tool that enhances the management of Storage Foundation, Dynamic Multi-Pathing, Cluster Server, and ApplicationHA across different application, server, virtualization, and storage platforms. In addition to providing a complete centralized management interface for those environments, VOM discovers a wealth of detail about the adjacent configuration, including visibility into storage array configuration, the SAN connectivity and fabrics, multi-vendor virtualization and server platforms, and applications, such as MS SQL Server and Oracle Databases.
By having a wide perspective on the configuration, VOM enables customers to:
- Minimize risk by allowing them to better understand the dependencies in their configurations from various perspectives.
- Accelerate operations by standardizing on the proven Storage and Availability solutions from Symantec.
- Optimize storage and server assets through better reporting and simplified remediation.
Veritas Operations Manager 6.0 Highlights
New role based UI
- Faster operations with customization of information presented based on logged in user’s role.
- Quicker problem identification with actionable overview dashboards.
- Reduced learning curve with a tree based hierarchical representation of assets and an intuitive navigation model.
SAN Fabric visibility for Cisco and Brocade
- Minimize risk using the visibility into the path of a server to switch to storage array.
- Improve port utilization by easily identifying switches with most unconfigured ports.
APIs for CMDB and Reporting
- Easy integration with CMDB allows for seamless asset reporting.
Simplified Campus Cluster
- Super simple and quick configuration reduces OPEX spend.
- Eliminates the risks of misconfiguration, which potentially can lead to downtime.
- No customization required, further reducing OPEX spend.
Improved Patch/Hotfix Reporting and Management
- Reduce risk and potential downtime through more visible alerting to critical patches.
- Simplify the patching expedience by coordinated install through Veritas Operations Manager.
- CentOS Linux
- Oracle Linux
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux
- Oracle Solaris SPARC\x86
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- SuSE Linux
Storage Foundation Versions Supported
- Linux/Unix: 3.5 (HP-UX only), 4.x, 5.x, 6.x
- Windows 5.x, 6.x
Product Download: go.symantec.com/vom
Veritas Operations Manager go.symantec.com/vom