*NEW RELEASE* Symantec Data Insight 4.0
The explosion of unstructured dark data shows no sign of slowing. Gartner estimates that by 2018, 25% of organizations will manage all their unstructured data using information governance and storage management policies, up from less than 1% today, to improve business value, reduce risk and lower management cost*. Symantec Data Insight helps organizations improve unstructured data governance through actionable intelligence into data ownership, usage and access. Data Insight’s reporting, analytics and visualization capabilities give organizations an understanding of what data exists, how the data is used, who owns the data and who has access to the data. These drive efforts in efficiency and cost reduction across the data lifecycle as well as help drive improved protection of sensitive data and achieve compliance.
Data Management and Storage Optimization:
- Clean-up orphan data. Discover inactive or orphan data, engage the owners in a data cleanup or retention effort. Automate the remediation using Symantec Enterprise Vault for archiving or implement custom actions such as deletion.
- Intelligent data movement decisions. Understand usage and consumption patterns and visualize users/groups for data migration, tiering, consolidation or restructuring efforts.
- Improve accountability for storage use. Identify data owners and lines of business responsible for data for business-level consumption or chargeback reporting to promote storage efficiency.
Data Protection and Compliance:
- Audit permissions and fix open access. Enable custodians to review access permissions or entitlements to their data for compliance. Discover overly permissive access rights and facilitate secure collaboration with access visualization and analytics.
- Monitor data activity. Understand who is using the data, how often they are accessing it, and proactively monitor for anomalous activity or outlier users.
- Improve accountability for data protection and security. Identify data owners for compliance purposes as well as for securing confidential data with Symantec Data Loss Prevention integration.
Discover, analyze and remediate with Data Insight 4.0. New features include:
Detailed Insights and Visibility
- Interactive ContextMap to navigate dark data with context to inform data management and risk reduction efforts
- Correlated Data Loss Prevention and Data Insight intelligence for SharePoint
- Social Network Analysis to enable secure collaboration and data management planning
- What If analysis and recommendations for access lockdown
- Flexible query interface for ‘long-tail’ analysis and business process integration
- Automatically archive data using Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Flexibility to implement custom actions for disposition, migration and access control efforts
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit) SP2 or higher
- Linux RHEL 5.5+ (Indexer software only)
- VMware ESX Server 3.5
Supported File Servers
- Microsoft Windows File Server 2003 SP1 or higher, Windows 2008 (64-bit)
- NetApp DataONTAP version 7.3.1 or higher
- EMC Celerra DART version 5.6.45 or higher
- SharePoint 2007, 2010 and 2013
- Unix with Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0
Product Download: http://fileconnect.symantec.com
Documentation can be found within the software package on File Connect and in the Altiris Knowledge Base.
Data Insight technical articles are located in the Altiris Knowledgebase. Login credentials are required. If you do not have your login credentials, they can be requested from the Altiris Knowledgebase Login page. Please add “Data Insight customer” in the comments of your login request.
Data Insight 4.0 Release Notes
Data Insight 4.0 Installation Guide
Data Insight 4.0 Administrator’s Guide
Data Insight 4.0 User’s Guide