New Symantec System Recovery 2013 Out Now!
IT organizations face hardware, software and database / application downtime, lasting short periods of time to shutting down the business for days on a regular basis. Without adequate planning and preparation, any type of downtime can compromise a return to operations and cause financial damage as the ability to generate revenue is lost. Most organizations anticipate that unplanned downtime can — and likely will — occur at some future time. But, in today's world, the need to ensure Web-enabled 24 x 7 x 365 access to key applications is paramount. Thus planning for operational continuity and recovery from outages is rapidly becoming an urgent priority for commercial and government entities alike.
New Symantec System Recovery 2013 - Generally Available Globally on 7th Jan 2013
I am delighted to announce that Symantec System Recovery 2013 is available from Monday 7th January 2013. Symantec System Recovery 2013 delivers superior backup and disaster recovery for servers, desktops, laptops, and virtual machines that enables businesses to recover from downtime or disasters in minutes. With patented Restore Anyware™ technology, IT administrators can rapidly restore exactly what they need, when and where they need it–including entire physical and virtual machines to bare metal or dissimilar hardware as well as files, folders, and granular application objects. Unlike other technologies, Symantec System Recovery also provides cross-platform Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V), and Virtual to-Physical (V2P) recoveries, making it the perfect complement to physical and virtual environments.
The new and powerful features in this latest release further extend Symantec System Recovery leadership position in Disaster Recovery and Data Protection for all sizes of businesses. This new release includes support for the latest applications and operating systems, a new management solution for monitoring up to 100 clients, and faster backup windows by up to 750%.
Key new features in Symantec System Recovery 2013:
Support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8
Support for VMware vSphere 5.0 and 5.1
UEFI Support: Symantec System Recovery now enables boot from UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in addition to BIOS.
64 bit Support: Full 64 bit support is now included.
Advanced Monitoring and Reporting: Symantec System Recovery Monitor is a new monitoring solution that's extremely simple to use and is FREE of charge to all Symantec System Recovery 2013 customers. It's a standalone and lightweight solution for managing up to 100 nodes. It’s simplicity and no extra dependency eliminates the learning curve for users. Intuitive GUI along with essential action controls provide crisp status along with ability to take desired actions seamlessly through the same view.
- Smart Reconciliation: Now Backups and reconciliation are efficiently done by smartly tracking changed blocks. The reconcile time is drastically reduced to seconds by eliminating the need to do a complete reconcile in cases of crashes or abrupt shutdowns. In addition, backups are now up to 750% faster.
- Incremental Backup without reconcile – At least 35% faster than Symantec System Recovery 2011
- Full Backup – At least 15% faster than Symantec System Recovery 2011
- Incremental Backup with reconcile – At least 750% faster than Symantec System Recovery 2011
- Enhanced Symantec System Recovery Linux Edition: The Symantec System Recovery Linux Edition now includes the ability to perform incremental backups and schedule backup jobs.
Upgrade to Symantec System Recovery 2013 For FREE
If you're an existing Backup Exec System Recovery or Symantec System Recovery customer with active maintenance/support contract, you can update all existing products covered by your maintenance contract, free of charge, to System Recovery 2013.
Try it Now FREE for 60 Days!
You can download the new version of Symantec System Recovery from Monday 7th Jan 2013 onwards by visiting:
- Symantec™ System Recovery 2013 Desktop Edition - https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=88749
- Symantec™ System Recovery 2013 Small Business Server Edition - https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=88747
- Symantec™ System Recovery 2013 Server Edition - https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=88724
- Symantec™ System Recovery 2013 Linux Edition - https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=88752
- Symantec™ System Recovery 2013 Virtual Edition - https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=88751