Vision Las Vegas 2014, 5th - 8th May - Announcements
- Redesigned Partner Program
- New Updates to the Redesigned Partner Program
- Symantec Unveils New Advanced Threat Protection
- Don't Miss Symantec's Summer eDiscovery Blockbuster
- Introducing Symantec Storage Foundation High Availability and Symantec ApplicationHA 6.1 for Windows
- Enterprise Vault 11 is now available..
- Announcing Disaster Recovery Orchestrator
Security Response Publications
- 91% increase in targeted attacks campaigns in 2013
- 62% increase in the number of breaches in 2013
- Over 552M identities were exposed via breaches in 2013
- 23 zero-day vulnerabilities discovered
- 38% of mobile users have experienced mobile cybercrime in past 12 months
- Spam volume dropped to 66% of all email traffic
- 1 in 392 emails contain a phishing attacks
- Web-based attacks are up 23%
- 1 in 8 legitimate websites have a critical vulnerability
- The number of identities exposed in the last 12 months has passed 500 million. This is largely due to two large breaches, that each reported over 100 million identities exposed.
- Targeted attacks are up to their highest level since August of last year, after what appears to be average-to-low attack numbers over the last four months.
- In other news, spam and phishing rates are down slightly in January, while email virus rates are at their lowest levels since October of last year.
The Norton Report, now in its fourth year, is an annual research study, commissioned by Symantec, which examines consumers’ online behaviors, attitudes, security habits, and the dangers and financial cost of cybercrime. It is one of the largest global studies of its kind. This year’s report surveyed 13,022 online adults across 24 countries.
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have a love/hate relationship with IT computing. On one hand, it allows them to make better decisions and improve efficiencies. On the other hand, computing can be difficult to properly manage, especially with limited staff and resources. The Symantec 2013 Global SMB Survey set out to determine SMBs’ attitude toward IT. The results of this survey were used to develop the SMB IT Confidence Index, which serves as a measure of how confident they are in using IT to achieve their strategic goals and drive their business.
Symantec and the Ponemon Institute proudly present the 2013 Cost of Data Breach reports. The 2013 Cost of Data Breach Study: Global Analysis is based on the actual data breach experiences of 277 companies around the globe and takes into account a wide range of direct and indirect business costs. Country reports are available for the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, India, Japan, Australia, and Brazil (new).
The Internet Security Threat Report is based on data from the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, which Symantec's analysts use to identify, analyze, and provide commentary on emerging trends in the dynamic threat landscape.
Vision is Symantec’s worldwide technical user conference franchise sharing Symantec’s “vision”, technical training, hands-on labs, and one-on-one interaction with customers, partners, press, and analysts.
Mobility without Vulnerability. Smart devices and mobile technology have truly permeated not only our professional lives but also our personal lives. We are using mobile devices for everything from accessing company information to connecting with friends and paying for coffee. As we use mobile devices in new ways and for more purposes, the risks to sensitive business data, professional productivity and to personal privacy are increasing. Visit us at Mobile World Congress 2013, Hall 5 booth 5C85 to learn more about mobility without vulnerability.
As a global leader in protecting the world’s information, Symantec has the security intelligence to keep organizations safe. Symantec will play an integral role as a Global Diamond Sponsor at the RSA Conference in San Francisco. Visit booth #1417 to experience how Symantec’s Security Intelligence stops threats others can't.
It’s hard to find a hotter topic in business IT today than mobility. And while saying “It is the best of times, it is the worst of times” may be a bit of an overstatement, we truly are seeing a tale of two companies when it comes to mobile adoption. This is the picture that is emerging from Symantec’s 2013 State of Mobility survey. The results allowed us to identify two clear groups, and examine how their attitudes toward change lead to different approaches in adopting new technology.
Symantec announces new offerings to its Website Security Solutions portfolio, featuring the first available multi-algorithm SSL certificates with new ECC and DSA options.
Symantec announces its vision of safe clouds where, in five years, companies will operate in a converged IT world of cloud, virtualization and mobile where public and private clouds are safe. To get there, Symantec extends its security, data storage and information management expertise to help companies achieve safe, available, resilient and compliant clouds. The company shares its new cloud solutions portfolios and programs. Visit us at Cloud Expo West 2012 to learn more about Symantec’s vision of many connected complex clouds that are safe, agile and efficient.
PassMark® Software Pty Ltd is a privately owned software development group. It specializes in the development of high quality performance benchmarking solutions as well as providing expert independent IT consultancy services to clients ranging from government organizations to major IT heavyweights. PassMark Software is a leading authority in software and hardware performance benchmarking and testing.
Related articles and whitepapers
Please download the Whitepapers by clicking on the links below