NOM FILTER WORKS BETTER
Here I am going to share my experience with the NOM 6.5.4 which is really addressed all the issues which were available till 6.5.3. The patch 4 for 6.5 is especially released to address all the NOM related issues. Here I am listing the important features that came with this release.
- Previous release we were not able to get the job relationship, but with this release we are able to get the relationships between the jobs (Group the parent job with all its child jobs).
- We are now able to send the reports as attachment (in CSV format) with this release.
- I am not very familiar with NOM 6.5.3, but however 6.5.4 is simply superb and the filtering options are really built very well.
- I have mentioned only few good things about this release and am going to explain about the NOM filtering.
- I have 2 master servers with one NOM server configured for reporting. Its nearly 200 clients are being backed up regularly.
- Some days back I got one request from a team regarding the NetBackup reports. They asked me to send the individual reports to the server owners (the one who is taking care of all the administrative operations on a particular set of servers) about the backup status of their servers.
- I thought of creating separate policies for each owner without knowing the advanced features of the NOM.
- Later, I just went inside the NOM admin console and checked the filtering options. I got stunned; it’s really having a great set of excellent filtering options, which really forced me to write this article.
- We are able to filter by client, policy, schedule, job type and everything is possible with the NOM.
- My requirement is to filter the archive backup jobs for all the server owners separately. With the help of NOM I have configured the archive backup status reports to the individual owner.
- I have first put the archive in the filter as job type,
- Then I have selected the option AND (which is used as the keyword in filtering).
- Then I have added all the server names to the filter by using the keyword OR. It’s perfectly working without any issues.
I have also scheduled the reports to their mail ID’S.
This is how the NOM 6.5.4 helped me in configuring the reports individually with various filter options.