Finally (look at the modified date on the file and you'll understand what I mean :D) R12 is out of the door and available on SolutionSam:
The Release notes are on the AKB [here's the link] but here are some information that can be gleamed from SolutionSam itself:
- File size is 13,140 KB
- Modified Date is 22/10/2009
Additionally there are a few fixes that I reported for my customer or that I know will fix some outstanding issues:
- The Inventory forwarding data verification schedule now functions correctly. Previously, it did not work with large data sets [that's a strange issue we found with my customer back in R6 time frame when the first 20,000 entries would be verified and no more!]
- Logging for the Inventory Forwarding data verification schedule has been enhanced. Some extra logging messages appear when Data Verification runs. They are either Informational or Trace level messages in the logs. All the strings start with "Data Verification" and there are messages on both sending and receiving Notification Servers when the verification schedule is run. [That arose from the above troubleshooting code changes]
- When you merge resources, the retained resource now uses the correct hash value (the hash value of the data class that has been preserved). Previously, the old hash value was preserved instead, which could result in empty or incorrect rows in the data class table.
- Inventory forwarding functionality has been modified to ensure that multi-row data is forwarded correctly. Previously, in some scenarios, the order of rows was wrong on the sending Notification Server. This could seriously corrupt the data on the target Notification Server.
So kudoes to the Sustained Engineering team for getting all those fixes!
Last minute addition!
This roll-up contains a new Altiris Agent version 6.0.2406, digitally signed by Symantec Corporation on 30/09/2009.
It also contains Package Server agent version 6.0.1507 from roll-up 9.