- Server Crash
- End users can easily overwrite or delete important documents
- Applications need updating
- Operating systems must be patched – perhaps tested in a virtual environment
- Upgrade new server platforms
- Malicious code can penetrate defences and attack data, applications, and operating systems
- and can even get backed up if it is not found before the next backup cycle
- Storage systems wear out and must be replaced
- Drive Array just failed – a hard drive can fail, or hardware can require an upgrade, when there is no matching hardware to which it can be restored
- The entire facility can be shut down due to a biohazard or natural disaster
- An important user whose work requires frequent backups can be added to the network without
- proper notification
Given the likelihood that everyone is going to be faced with a number of these issues (probably imminently) what can you do when a system fails? Backup Exec System Recovery enables organisations to recover from system loss in minutes, even to dissimilar hardware and virtual environments, as well as having functionality to automate physical-to-virtual conversions for immediate system recovery.
BESR provides system restore or full “bare-metal” recovery for servers, desktops, or laptops. It also enables you to recover systems in remote, unattended locations. By capturing a recovery point of the entire Windows system, including: operating system, applications, system settings, configurations, and files, BESR can save this recovery point to: SAN, NAS, direct-attached storage, RAID, CD/DVD, and copied to FTP servers or secondary disk devices, as part of the same backup job.
The BESR Granular Restore Option restores individual Microsoft Exchange email messages, folders, and mailboxes from backups taken from Exchange servers; restore SharePoint documents from backups taken from servers running SharePoint Server or SharePoint Services; or recover files and folders in seconds.
With centralised deployment, modification, and maintenance, BESR supports Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Small Business Server 2008, Essential Business Server 2008, and SQL Server 2008 as well as VMware ESX 3.5, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer 4.x.
Simple, comprehensive, improving system availability, disaster recovery and risk management – you know it makes sense!