Dave Winer points to Johannes Ernst’s recent post summarizing all the good things happening around URL-based identity. From talking to Dave, he seems to be leaning the same direction as many other are lately: URLs are the natural building blocks for user-powered identity on the Net. It’s a great boost to the project if Dave and OPML can find adopt a common framework for identity. There’s more discussion happening around this later this week, so we’ll have to wait and see, but given my last conversation on this with Dave just before Thanksgiving, I’m quite encouraged.
About Authentication (User) Blog
User Authentication solutions provide two-factor authentication, public key infrastructure (PKI) services, and risk-based authentication to protect interactions between consumers, business partners, and employees. User Authentication solutions are delivered as cloud-based solutions, enabling enterprises to add strong authentication to applications, networks, and devices without the capital cost of hardware and software associated with traditional strong authentication solutions.
Recent Blog Posts
- Russian cybercrime team - another reason to use VIP • Teresa Law • 18 Aug 2014
- Managed PKI Enhanced with Self-Service Portal! • Teresa Law • 01 Jul 2014
- Want Better Security? Make Authentication Easy. • Teresa Law • 27 Jun 2014
- Hardware Protected Mobile Applications are the Wave of the Future • Teresa Law • 23 Jun 2014
- Silicon Valley Business Journal says "the era of the password is over" • Teresa Law • 28 May 2014
Recently on Twitter
- Google to deprecate SHA-1 on Chrome 39, visual marks & warnings to be based on the certificate's expiration date. https://t.co/8jMpp0NKjL29 Aug 2014
- RT @MimitoMendez: Informe complete de Symantec sobre las amenazas para la seguridad de los sitios web https://t.co/FTDy8jT8jf via @NortonSe…28 Aug 2014
- RT @MelaniePracht: SYMANTEC's WEBSITE SECURITY THREAT REPORT 2014 #websitesecurity https://t.co/4JkvbOBCD9 via @NortonSecured28 Aug 2014
- @Google Rewards Secure #Websites with Higher #Search Ranking http://t.co/MbU1sfqwIz #SSL27 Aug 2014
- Better Website Security and Google Search Rankings for SMB’s with Always On #SSL. http://t.co/ycGvboliBE27 Aug 2014