Personalization on Connect
Through the years we've listened as Connect users have asked for the ability to personalize the Connect experience to fit their specific needs.
In response to those requests, we're experimenting with a Connect "Dashboard" where users will be able to manage blocks of content that are selected by them and targeted to their interests.
In iGoogle and my.yahoo.com fashion, Connect users could add widgets to their dashboard and arrange them through the use of a drag and drop interface.
We need some help with ideas for page widgets that would be useful to our users.
Here are a few that the Editors came up with:
- My unanswered forum posts.
- My answered forum posts.
- A feed of Connect posts by my "friends".
- A list of my favorite "bookmarked" pages on Connect.
- All of my posts.
- My private messages.
- A river of news from my community of interest.
- A river of news from my favorite forum.
- RSS feed from my favorite Symantec news source.
I've attached a screen capture of what the dashboard currently (in early development) looks like.
Let us know if you think this is a good direction and please submit ideas for widgets you would like to see available on the dashboard.
Thanks, as always, for using Connect. Kevin