Friday July 29th Symantec Protection Center 2.0 was released for General Availability. This release focused on extending the integrations found in our 1.0 release, third party products and the Symantec Global Intelligence Network to provide existing Symantec customers with relevant, actionable security intelligence. See below for an overview of the release and what our beta customers are saying! Protection Center is a free product, available at no additional charge for existing Symantec customers.
Response from Beta Customers
“One stop shop.. In my book it will empower my team.” – Fortune 500 financial services organization
“Install was easy, simply brilliant!” – European IT Value Added Reseller (VAR)
“Already plugging this to my clients, big time” – Enterprise IT Value Added Reseller (VAR)
“Will absolutely recommend to customers with integrated products” – Government IT Value Added Reseller (VAR)
What’s New in Protection Center 2.0
- 3rd Party Technology Program- Symantec Technology Enabled Partner (STEP) program
- Three Levels of Integration for Symantec and Third Party Products- Single Sign on, Data Collection and Process Automation
- Expanded Global Threat Data- Real-time threat information from Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network is displayed on user dashboards and cross product reports
- Dashboard Notifications- Prioritized feed of infrastructure, security and global intelligence alerts, based on users administrative rights and event severity
- Data Mapping of Security Events- Creates associations between events in your security environment
- Cross Product Reporting- Prebuilt reports display trends across malware, email, asset for endpoint and messaging environments
- Prebuilt Workflow Templates- Out of the box process automation for Symantec Endpoint Protection
Protection Center Dashboard
Homepage displays alerts from local environment as well as the Symantec Global Intelligence Network. Alerts are based on the user’s role and administrative rights to integrated products.
Single Sign On
Seamless access to connected Symantec products through a single console, reducing password management overhead and providing enhanced authentication services through Active Directory integration.
Cross Product Reporting
Prebuilt, filterable reports deliver trending analysis across malware, spam and assets.
Prebuilt workflow templates can be executed directly from the Protection Center console.
Already a Symantec Customer? Learn How to Get Started with Symantec Protection Center Today (Why not? It's Free!)
New Customers- Contact your local Symantec sales representative for more information or call 1-800-745-6054, or Find Your Local Partner
Learn more about Symantec Protection Center at go.symantec.com/protection-center