We recently launched a redesign of our Symantec.com mobile website.
With the redesign, users can now enjoy a more consistent look and feel on the mobile site as on the desktop version of the site. The visual execution and user interface elements are more closely aligned from web to mobile thereby, providing a more familiar and recognizable experience for users from one form factor to the next.
Some of the main changes include:
- the addition of a quiet site selector at the top of the site which matches our desktop design
- the inclusion of a side-scrolling carousel for site-wide promotions
- visual responses to taps/clicks
- a minimized display of links which contains options to “show more/show less”
- “jump to top” at the bottom of each page to minimize scrolling
- increased leading for improved readability
- larger targets for ease of access
While the site still showcases minimal content, it provides access to some of the key areas users find useful such as products, purchasing, support, news, etc.