Register now for Symantec two upcoming healthcare webinars!
Key takeaways include:
• Trends that are driving healthcare privacy and security risk going forward
• A top-down proactive preventative and holistic approach, with practical risk assessments
• How to implement a robust privacy and security practice with a multi-layered and defense-in-depth approach using hardware enabled security for increased robustness and performance
• David Finn, Healthcare IT Officer, Symantec Corporation
• David Houlding, MSc, CISSP, CIPP, Healthcare Security & Privacy Lead Architect, Intel Healthcare
• Sam Pierre-Louis, Director of Information Security, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Office of the Inspector General (OIG) Findings and Guidance on Expectations of a HIPAA Audit
Registration URL: https://symantecevents.verite.com/23457/127264
Since the HIPAA Security Rule went into effect, many healthcare providers have been uncertain about how to meet them and what to expect in case of a HIPAA audit. But in May 2011 the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) published its report on HIPAA audits of seven hospitals. This report gives us insight into how the government will perform HIPAA audits and what criteria and measures can be expected. In this webinar, we will review the key OIG Audit findings and use them to develop guidance on how to meet regulatory requirements and prepare for the changing government audit strategy.
Axel Wirth, Senior Systems Engineer, Symantec