Scheduled SymAccount Outage: Saturday, January 22
Maintenance is scheduled to take place on Symantec's SymAccount authentication service for 12 hours* Saturday, January 22 beginning at 7:30 AM PST**.
Symantec's Connect community uses the SymAccount service to authenticate users to the community.
During this time,
- Anonymous users will be able to browse and search Connect content as usual.
- Users who logged in before the outage will remain authenticated and will be able to browse, search, and post content as usual.
- Users attempting to log in during the outage will be denied.
- Users attempting to set up a new account during the outage will be denied.
The SymAccount team is upgrading to a new infrastructure that should speed up the log in process significantly.
* We expect the upgrade to take less time than is allotted but, as is the case with all upgrades, issues may arise that could cause this outage to be longer than scheduled. If issues are encountered with the upgrade, we'll update this message.
** 10:30 AM EST to 10:30 PM EST
15:30 UTC Saturday to 03:30 UTC Sunday