There is a conflict between older versions of SVS and recent definition files for SEP and SAV that has been causing bluescreens. Most people should not encounter this problem because newer versions of SVS do not have this issue. The versions having the problem that have been reported to us are in the 2.0 line. Customers should update to the 2.1 releases of SVS.
If you are experiencing these bluescreens please try the following, this solution has been tested in house and should work--if it doesn't please inform us:
- On a Machine boot into Safe mode.
- Open Regedit and navigate to HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Altiris\FSL\ProgramIgnoreList
- Double click and add the following two entries to the program ignore list
Relative to your SEP directories:
- Then restart the machine. What you should be able to verify is the Definitions would be updated (you may have this process automatically) the Client will not Blue Screen.
- Update to the most recent version of SVS