SSR 2013 SP1 Available now!
Dear SSR Family Members
It’s been a long time since I made my last post. I was waiting for the release of Service Pack 1 (SP1).
It’s been 2 weeks since this was released. Hope you are finding this value pack very useful. In case you are yet to get hands-on, let me summarize the key benefits encapsulated in this value pack.
First of all, as usual, this release is for all family members whether it’s SSR for Windows, SSR Linux, SSR MS or SSR Monitor.
Key Defects addressed in SP1 include:
- Ability to perform P2V conversions from a NAS device acting as the staging area.
- Ability for Windows to restart successfully after UEFI store
- No blue screen now when uninstalling through batch file
- Fixes for known system crashers
Please refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH206415 for complete details.
- SMP role-based security now works in SSR-MS.
- Drive letters No longer shuffle after drive is selected in Independent Backup
Please refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH206417 for complete details.
Please refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH206420 for complete details.
Not only we have fixed issues but we have also added support for more platforms. Details below:
• VMWare ESX/ESXi 4.0 Update 3
• VMWare ESX/ESXi 4.1 Update 3
• VMWare ESXi 5.0 Update 2
• VMWare ESXi 5.1 Update 1
SSR Linux Section
• SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (base) Update 9
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (Advanced) Update 9
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 Update 3
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 Update 4
Please make use of this service pack and please keep me updated with your valuable feeback. Your ongoing continued support is critical to the success of your product!
-Mahesh (SSR PM)