Stakeholder Perspectives on Corporate Responsibility at Symantec
In October, as part of Symantec’s ongoing effort to improve our corporate responsibility performance and communications, we launched a stakeholder survey designed to collect feedback on our 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report. We share the results of that survey in the December issue of our quarterly newsletter, the Symantec CR Snapshot.
Not only did we share the aggregate data from the survey itself, but also more detailed commentary from a number of people representing organizations across our stakeholder spectrum – including partners, customers, nonprofit organizations, and more. We learned a lot, and will be investigating how we can implement some of the great advice we received. Specific suggestions included:
- Tying our corporate responsibility goals more tightly to the company’s business strategy;
- Highlighting our challenges and communicating how we’re addressing them;
- Defining longer-term goals for achieving gender diversity;
- Engaging more deeply in shaping public policy, specifically around energy;
- Providing greater specificity on how we’re addressing human rights;
- Establishing quantifiable goals for community engagement; and
- Providing more information about our health and safety initiatives.
This is only a sampling of the feedback we received from you. Are the issues most important to you reflected here? The survey is still open, and I hope you’ll take a couple minutes to tell us what you think.