During snapshots, server jobs fail due to Storage is inaccessible to the Recovery Solution Server. The following event appears in the application event:
The data storage location 'F:\Altiris\DataStorage' is offline and not accessible now.
Local Event Code: 0x8008000f
System Event Code: 0x00000020: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
SbsName: , SbsKey: 0, 0
Data File Synchronization job for Synchronous Storage completes with errors.
Recovery Solution 6.2.2760 (SP2)
EMC CLARiiON SAN Storage*
It is a physical (timing) problem on the storage.
Definition of the disk latency in a SAN environment is a very difficult task, because there are many physical and logical nodes: operating system, physical disks, RAID, one or more HBAs, one or more fibers (HBA > SAN), ports on SAN, may be fiber-switch, and so on.
This hotfix is in the form of DSRawData.dll and GetUnsyncFileBlocks.sql.
DSRawdata.dll needs to be applied to the Recovery Solution Server. DSRawData.dll is uploaded to Server.zip in attachments:
1. Stop the Recovery Solution Server service.
2. Browse to the %Program Files%\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Server folder.
3. Replace the old DSRawdata.dll with the new one uploaded to dsrawdata.zip in attachments.
The GetUnsyncFileBlocks.sql Stored Procedure needs to be updated to the Recovery Solution Database:
1. Open SQL Query Analyzer by clicking Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Query Analyzer.
2. Download GetUnsyncFileBlocks.sql from Server.zip in attachments
3. Load the stored procedure on to the SQL Query Analyzer.
4. Select the Recovery Solution Database from the drop-down list and execute the Stored Procedure.
Restart the Recovery Solution Server service.