We’re currently working very hard on full support of Microsoft Exchange 2010, at a level that our 13,000+ customers are used to and expect from us. Nevertheless, the questions are coming thick and fast about when and how Microsoft Exchange 2010 will be supported. We therefore decided that it’s time for an update, and here’s what we can tell you today:
- We plan to release full support for Exchange 2010 SP1 with Enterprise Vault 9.0
- We plan to run a Beta program for EV 9.0 beginning in March this year*
- Following that, we plan to run a First Availability program prior to General Availability
- Enterprise Vault 9.0 is currently on schedule to be available in the second half of this year**
There are many fundamental changes to the Exchange store (DAG), OWA and the connection mechanisms (via the CAS servers) in Exchange Server 2010 which all require major engineering efforts to support. Symantec is fully committed to providing these changes to continue to provide the the best support for Microsoft Exchange 2010, and a continued strong partnership with Microsoft, at the level of quality our customers have come to expect. We strive to consistently deliver at this level of quality as we have a roadmap that affects many, many organisations around the world, as the market leader in archiving.
So, stay tuned, as we’ll be releasing more information about full and complete support for Microsoft Exchange 2010 with Symantec Enterprise Vault in the coming weeks.
* disclaimer; as always, features and release schedules are subject to possible change
** for more information, and to join the Beta, please see this technote.
***Attention: Please note that Enterprise Vault 9.0 Beta and First Availability registration is now closed.
Meantime, Happy New Year from the whole Enterprise Vault Team at Symantec!