Software Virtualization Solution 2.1 HotFix 2 has been posted to the Altiris Knowledgebase. This HotFix includes several stability fixes and is recommended for all SVS customers. This is a cumulative update, so includes everything from HotFix 1.
- Workaround for a Microsoft registry defect that could result in a blue screen when certain registry functions are called
- Fix for an IIS compatibility issue -- Note: IIS is still not supported in an SVS layer! However, a forthcoming release of Wise Installation Studio requires SVS and IIS to be installable together on the same PC.
- Fixes for memory leaks that could result in impaired system performance over time
- Fixes problem with printers becoming unavailable when print spooler restarted
- Fixes blue screen when new USB device inserted on some machines
The SVS engineering team wishes to thank our colleagues at Microsoft for their fantastic cooperation in resolving the first issue! Altiris found the problem, and MS will be fixing it in Vista SP1.