The Symantec Enterprise Security team is now accepting applications to participate in the Symantec Brightmail Gateway 9.5 Beta program. Symantec Brightmail Gateway is also part of the Symantec Protection Suites.
The beta process is a great way for participants to get an early look at exciting new features in our upcoming release, and also get direct access back to the product development team on product feedback.
The 9.5 release includes:
- New Dispositions: New configurable verdicts for unwanted email categories allow customers to configure policies regarding marketing mail, newsletters, and email with suspicious URLs.
- Enhanced Spam Scanning: Updates to the Brightmail Antispam Engine allow better scanning of text-based attachments for spam and malicious URLs.
- Match Logging: Enhanced message audit logs capture matching policy, text, and message part for content filtering policies.
- TLS Logging: Enhanced message audit logs track TLS delivery status, allowing confirmation of TLS delivery for auditing.
- Enhanced Integration with Symantec Protection Center: Symantec Protection Center provides unified management across Symantec security products, including single sign-on, composition of product management within the Protection Center console, and unified reporting across multiple products.
- Software Update: Improved software update process within the Control Center UI allows for staging of updates and rich logs and update status. Note that this enhancement will impact updates subsequent to the 9.5 release.
- DRAC Support: Expanded support for Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller functionality in the Symantec 8360 and 8380 hardware appliances allows customers to remotely monitor and manage their hardware environment.
- More Flexible Backup & Restore: Restore process has been enhanced to allow a backup to be restored to a separate instance while preserving network configuration, enabling easier appliance migration and disaster recover.
- Expanded Localization in Spanish and French: Product configuration has been fully localized into Spanish and French, in addition to the existing translations into Japanese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, and Korean.
Quality is one of the key Symantec deliverables and we strive to deliver a first class product with every release. So we want to get as much customer feedback as possible before we ship. By participating in this beta program, you can help to ensure this release is as successful as possible.
All participants must be members of the Customer Advisory Program, which is free to join for all customers entitled to support and maintenance.
Applying for the beta is simple, once you've registered for the CAP just complete the registration form at the following link.
This is a great opportunity to receive an early release in order to plan your implementation and provide us with feedback to ensure issues are prioritized. We hope you can join us as we prepare for this exciting product release!