Symantec Channel Update - April 2010
While we’re well into 2010, I wanted to review some of our recent announcements and bring you up-to-date on several other items of interest. I look forward to your feedback on the following information and will be back with another update soon!
Senior Director, Channel Marketing
Follow Us on Twitter
- Backup Exec 2010 and NetBackup 7 Launch- On January 27, 2010 over 400 channel partners attended the North America launch of Backup Exec 2010 and NetBackup 7. The event was delivered as a live simulcast from Pittsburgh, PA to 21 cities in the United States. Randy Cochran, Vice President Channel Sales - Americas hosted the event with Pat Hanavan, Vice President Product Management for the Backup Exec product family, and Brian Dye, Vice President Product Management for NetBackup explaining the significant updates to each product and how partners can leverage the new releases to help increase their deal sizes and revenue.
- You’ll find extensive sales enablement tools on PartnerNet. Both product pages, Backup Exec 2010and NetBackup 7, include factsheets, sales scripts, Quick Start guides, product tours, competitive information, licensing guides, white papers, NFR information, SKU generators, related solutions and much more. If you did not attend the live event you can view the simulcaston PartnerNet.
- Several of our training resources and program online courses and assessments have been updated to provide you easier access to training tools and resources overall. For more information check out both Symantec Universityand the Sales Training – Business Fundamentalspages on PartnerNet.
- Social Media and Symantec Communities- I had the opportunity recently to talk with a group of our Partners and found they are leveraging Social Media quite a bit day-to-day and are happy to see Symantec doing the same. We encourage you to keep the conversations going on this community and to follow us on Twitterfor up to the minute information about Symantec Channel activities.
- We’ve recently launched a new and improved global Symantec Solutions SKU Generatorwhich now includes a rewards calculator for you and a ’report an issue’ button which will help us continually improve the tool. You and your customers can also add multiple products as you build out product solutions.