Symantec Connect 1.0 and beyond
After a year of planning and development we've finally launched Connect 1.0. We not only built a new community site but migrated content and users from Symantec Technology Network, Juice and the Altiris Technical Support Forums. While it would be impossible to list all the features in the site, here are a few we think you'll really like:
- All content can be tagged with more than one product and topic.
- Forum discussions can be marked as "solved"
- Images can easily be uploaded into any content type
- Community members can create any content type
- Community members earn points for participating on the site, which can be translated into rewards
More importantly, we are committed to continuing development on Connect. We've already started development on Connect 1.1 and planning for Connect 2.0. Here's some things that will be coming in the near future:
- Ideas - we want to know what features you want to see in future Symantec products. Submit ideas, let other users vote and comment on them. The top ideas will bubble to the top.
- Integration with support knowledge base.
- Social networking - link to your friends on connect and follow what they are doing.
What features would you like to see in upcoming releases? Leave a comment below and let us know. If you'd like to let us know what you think of the current release, click here.