MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – March 5, 2013 – Symantec today unveiled its Control Compliance Suite Vendor Risk Manager, enabling customers to better assess their third-party risk and protect their reputation and sensitive data. Control Compliance Suite Vendor Risk Manager provides a solid foundation on which to build a vendor risk management program. Customers are able to gain visibility into their organization’s vendor risk exposure and automate the ongoing assessment of vendors’ IT security readiness.
Control Compliance Suite Vendor Risk Manager arms organizations with the following capabilities:
- Auto-calculated vendor risk scores based on multiple evidence sources
- Vendor tiering based on data risk and business criticality
- Shared Assessments content for controls-based vendor assessment
- Centralized, Web-based repository to manage the vendor assessment process and capture vendor risk data
- Web-based vendor gateway, providing a single location for vendors to manage and respond to assessment requests from one location and route requests to appropriate contacts
- Assessment scheduling to collect data at regular intervals, based on requirements
In addition, Control Compliance Suite Vendor Risk Manager allows CISOs to clearly communicate accurate and up-to-date vendor risk information to executives on short notice, as well as reduce the time and effort associated with collecting vendor assessment data.
- “As organizations are deploying more cloud-based everything-as-a-service third-party solutions, they are having to think about the risk this is posing to their data, said Shantanu Ghosh vice president, Data Center Security & Compliance, Symantec Corp. “Managing third-party vendor risk is essential for protecting their organization’s confidential intellectual property, and Vendor Risk Manager is helping our customers do just that.”
Additional Information and Details:
- Availability: Control Compliance Suite Vendor Risk Manager is currently available
- Data Sheet
Symantec protects the world's information, and is a global leader in security, backup and availability solutions. Our innovative products and services protect people and information in any environment – from the smallest mobile device, to the enterprise data center, to cloud-based systems. Our world-renowned expertise in protecting data, identities and interactions gives our customers confidence in a connected world. More information is available at www.symantec.com or by connecting with Symantec at: go.symantec.com/socialmedia.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news. All prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward-looking Statements: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.
risk, risk management, cloud, third-party vendor, third party risk, compliance, security, sensitive data, vendor risk management program