Global Source-side Deduplication:
The following are the methods of deduplication supported:
Intelligent deduplication of files
- Dedupe the entire file for the very first time, that is the very first backup revision of the file will be deduped.
- If the file changes, then the backup modality automatically switches to “delta mode” from “dedupe mode” for that file, that is, delta will be applied from second revision of the backup file on a particular computer.
Content aware deduplication of PST
- Global single instancing (SIS) of the attachments is achieved using content aware deduplication of PST.
- This feature helps in improving the network usage and optimizes the storage requirements.
Windows 8 Desktop and Windows Server 2012 Support
- DLO Agent extends support to Windows 8
- DLO Administration Server extends support to Windows Server 2012
SQL Server 2012 Support
DLO extends support to SQL Server 2012.
DLO supports versions 4 and 6 of the Internet Protocol (IP), which are commonly referred to as IPv4 and IPv6. You can use IPv4 and IPv6 in backup and restore networks. Support for IPv6 is dependent upon operating system support for the protocol, as well as proper network configuration.
DLO provides support to Lotus Notes version 8.5.3.
DLO Log Gather Utility
The DLO Log Gather tool is used to collect logs from various product install paths,log path, registry export, operating system, and from the installed applications.
DLO provides support to volumes that run Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption.