I am really excited to announce that Symantec Desktop Laptop Option (DLO) 7.6 is generally available!
What’s New in DLO 7.6?
This release is based on the theme Proliferation, Stability and Supportability.
- Mac Agent: DLO now supports backups on Mac desktops and laptops. Mac OS X support is provided for 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 OS releases.
- Platforms: DLO now supports Windows 2012 R2 for server installation.
- Mail Client Support: DLO extends its support to IBM Lotus Notes ® 9.X release.
- Automatic Integrity Checker (AIC): Validates the reliability and integrity of data. AIC runs in the background and does not affect the system performance.
- Bandwidth and CPU throttling: Ability to configure the maximum amount of bandwidth and CPU cycles the Desktop and Laptop Option can use.
- Backup Interruption tolerance: Resumption of backup jobs from the point of breakage, when network connection is restored.
- Open file backup: Files gets backed up in the open state after file save operation.
In this release we provided bunch of utilities and tools to help the administrator perform various operations:
For e.g. Remote log gather from endpoint, SQL installation and configuration utility and Enhance version of Garbage Collection (GC) tool.
Not just this, there are some features which we have seen customers loved it during the Beta program like:
- VIP profiles: Profiles for VIP users to get exclusive restore rights on their data.
- Multi-Level Administrators’ role: Administrator role with restricted admin privileges for tasks delegation and management.
- IBM Lotus Notes ® mail files (NSF) protection: Protects NSF files at the message level with deduplication support.
- Reports: Comprehensive reports on successful backup time, Storage Statistics, Garbage Collection history.
- User notification and alerts for their computers: Users along with administrators can now receive alert notifications that provide information about backup and restore operations.
Shall I upgrade to 7.6?
Absolutely!! You can upgrade to DLO 7.6 from your existing DLO version. Direct upgrade is fully supported for following versions of DLO.
- DLO 7.5 SP1
- DLO 7.5
- DLO 7.0
- BE-DLO 2010 R3
- NetBackup DLO 6.1 MP7
We are listening!
DLO is evolving with every release.
We would love to hear from you on what you would like to see in the product.
We’ll keep you updated on what’s happening around DLO. Thank you for yours continued support for Symantec DLO.
To access a 60-day trial of Symantec DLO 7.6, go to: