Symantec Encryption Releases 3.3.1/10.3.1
In this release, we support Windows 8, increase our Linux platform support, and as always improve security whenever appropriate. Here’s a summary of what’s new:
- Support Windows 8 Pro and Enterprise editions 32- and 64-bit versions, for Symantec Drive Encryption both BIOS and UEFI systems (only 64-bit for UEFI), Desktop Email Encryption, File Share Encryption, and Encryption Desktop utilities (PGP Virtual Disk, ZIP, and Shredder)
- Desktop Email Encryption compatibility with Microsoft Outlook 2013, both 32- and 64-bit versions
- Desktop Email Encryption compatibility with Microsoft Office 365 Cloud Server when using a supported email client
- Mac OS X 10.8.3 and 10.8.4 support for Symantec Drive Encryption and Symantec Desktop Email Encryption
- Symantec Drive Encryption support for Linux. This now includes Red Hat Enterprise 5.9, 6.3, and 6.4 (32- and 64-bit). Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (32- and 64-bit) is supported as well.
We realize we are somewhat late with Windows 8 support, but we will only release a product based on quality vs. a timeline. As part of the quality assurance, we thoroughly tested this latest release both internally at Symantec and via our Beta program. The public Beta consisted of a broad range of customers. Many of these customers are large with complex environments spanning various verticals from education, health care, financial services, and even government agencies.