Read this Blog for details about the latest release of Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Plug-in 126.96.36.199.
Symantec officially announced our Managed Service Provider (MSP) strategy last fall. Our goal was, and continues to be, to make it easier and more cost effective for partners to deliver Symantec's market-leading backup and security solutions as managed services. Over the past year we’ve worked hard to arm service providers with trusted solutions, flexible deployment options and innovative programs that enable them to differentiate themselves in a competitive marketplace.
Since the launch of our MSP strategy, Symantec has announced several exciting products and services to our integration partners, and we continue that momentum with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Plug-in 2.0 for the Kaseya platform.
This updated version for the Kaseya K2 RMM platform allows MSPs to monitor and manage their Symantec Endpoint Protection or Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.1.2 installations through their Kaseya K2 RMM platform, and will provide existing Symantec partners using the Kaseya platform with additional functionality to manage their endpoint customer environments. We also want to help encourage Kaseya partners using non-Symantec endpoint protection solutions to leverage the plug-in and expand their MSP practice by including Symantec products into their portfolio. Partners will need to run the latest version of Symantec Endpoint Protection or Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.1.2 to take full advantage of the new management capabilities.
What’s new in version 2.0?
This release adds simple management capabilities that allow MSPs to execute commands directly from their Kaseya platform to SEP clients:
- Run Scan, Run Update, Run Update and Scan, Run LiveUpdate on the server
From their Kaseya platform, MSPs can also enable/disable commands of client protection technologies, with failsafe timeouts including:
- Enable/Disable Download Insight, Enable/Disable Network Threat Protection, Enable AutoProtect
Other significant changes in version 2.0 include:
- Availability of distributed scheduling for the reporting of endpoint and SEP Management server statistics
- Support for the latest SEP/SEP SBE 12.1.2 build
- Improved reporting of licensing information for SEP Management server
- Improved scalability for large number of clients
The plug-in is in U.S. English only and available at no additional cost, and can be found at: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197177
For service providers focused on the SMB market, the ability to quickly adapt to the changing IT needs of their customers is critical. Symantec strives to address these requirements by helping our MSP partners more effectively deliver and manage multiple products and services while minimizing added costs. Symantec offers several programs that provide financial incentives, technical support, sales and technical enablement, along with demand generation and marketing tools. More information can be found here about how Symantec is helping partners be successful positioning and selling SMB solutions.
If you’re an MSP, tell us how hosted solutions are addressing your customers’ most pressing challenges.
- Level Platforms and Symantec Provide Security Endpoint for Managed Services Providers
- Symantec Expands Security Capabilities for Managed Service Providers with the Availability of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Plug-in 1.5 for Kaseya
- Symantec Leverages New Parallels Automated Platforms to Deliver Cloud Services to SMBs