With the exciting news of Kaseya’s newest update to 7.0, we were quick to adapt the Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Plug-in for 2.5 with only minor bug fixes. We are now pleased to announce our latest release of Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Plug-in 22.214.171.124.
This updated version for the Kaseya K2 RMM platform allows MSPs to use Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Plug-in 2.5 with Kaseya 6.3, 6.5 and 7.0. Additionally, MSPs currently utilizing our plug-in with Kaseya versions 6.3 or 6.5 can to upgrade to 7.0 with ease. In this, we hope to encourage Kaseya partners using non-Symantec endpoint protection solutions to leverage the plug-in and expand their MSP practice by including Symantec products into their portfolio. Partners will need to run the latest version of Symantec Endpoint Protection or Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.1.2 to take full advantage of all available management capabilities.
What’s new in version 126.96.36.199?
The latest release, version 188.8.131.52, includes the following bug fixes:
- Support for Kaseya K2 Server 7.0
- Minor UI change in the Walkthrough dialog to reflect changes in compatibility
- Outbound port changes for Web Authentication
- Corrected issue with invalid .dll error during web service authentication
Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Plug-in for Kaseya integrates Symantec™ Endpoint Protection and the Kaseya RMM platform. The plug-in provides remote monitoring and management of Endpoint Protection clients in the Kaseya environment. This functionality is available in versions 2.0 and later of the plug-in.
Key features include:
- The ability to send Endpoint Protection commands to clients (including Scan, Update, enable/disable protection technologies)
- The ability to monitor licenses and server content with web services
- The ability to remotely run LiveUpdate on Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
- Improved scalability of the plug-in for large networks, especially while detecting endpoints and during agent check-in
The plug-in is in U.S. English only and available at no additional cost, and can be found at: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197177