On May 20th, we will be making a few changes to the PartnerNet page for our Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 2013 product. First, you will notice that the product name will change to “Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition”. We are removing “2013” from the name in order to help eliminate customer perceptions that the product is outdated. This change will also better reflect the fact that this product is sold primarily as a cloud service and therefore is always up to date. Please note that the SKUs and Buying Programs will not be changed.
Secondly, we have refreshed core collateral for this product with stronger messaging to help you better position this popular solution to your customers:
- 2013 has been removed from the name in the new materials to reflect that this is a version-less product.
- Our new messaging focuses primarily on the popular cloud-managed deployment and customers with growing businesses
- The maximum number of recommended users has been increased from 250 to <1000
Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition provides:
• Always-on virus and malware protection that’s fast and effective
• Business-grade security delivered in minutes
• Cloud-based protection for growing businesses
“With all the cloud buzz, a lot of partners are ready to jump in; even end-users are asking for it. With Symantec it's easy to do. Easier to manage, a better portal, and full protection – They fall in love with it!”
-Eric Courtwright, Ingram Micro Cloud Specialist
You can access the new SEP SBE materials on PartnerNet.
Also, be on the lookout for our June Webcast on Selling the Symantec Endpoint Security Family – From SMB to Commercial and Beyond, where we will walk through how to identify the right product for the right customer; ranging from Norton Small Business, to SEP SBE, to SEP 12.1 and all the way up to the Security Suite.
Best Wishes and Happy Selling!
Liz Jennings, Product Marketing for Channel SEP SBE