The August edition of the Symantec Intelligence report provides the latest analysis of cyber security threats, trends, and insights from the Symantec Intelligence team concerning malware, spam, and other potentially harmful business risks. The data used to compile the analysis for this report includes data from May 2011 through August 2012.
- Spam – 72.3 percent (an increase of 4.7 percentage points since July)
- Phishing – One in 312.9 emails identified as phishing (an increase of 0.109 percentage points since July)
- Malware – One in 233.1 emails contained malware (a decrease of 0.14 percentage points since July)
- Malicious Web sites – 1 website blocked per day (a decrease of 49.8 percent since July)
- The state of data breaches to date in 2012
- A look at a malicious email scam that pretends to come from Symantec
- A new Java zero-day vulnerability appears in the wild
- An overview of the Elderwood Project
The report can be downloaded here
For more insights from Paul Wood, Cyber Security Intelligence Manager read his blog.