November sees a four-fold increase in the number of daily targeted attacks since January; lowest global spam rate for three years, but Russian spammers continue to innovate in disguising their messages.
The November edition of the Symantec Intelligence report combines the best research and analysis from the Symantec.cloud MessageLabs Intelligence Report and the Symantec State of Spam & Phishing Report. It provides the latest analysis of cyber security threats, trends and insights from the Symantec Intelligence team concerning malware, spam, and other potentially harmful business risks. The data used to compile the analysis for this combined report includes data from October and November 2011.
- Spam – 70.5 percent (a decrease of 3.7 percentage points since October 2011): page 13
- Phishing – One in 302.0 emails identified as phishing (an increase of 0.04 percentage points since October 2011): page 16
- Malware – One in 255.8 emails contained malware (a decrease of 0.03 percentage points since October 2011): page 17
- Malicious Web sites – 4,915 Web sites blocked per day (an increase of 47.8 percent since October 2011): page 19
- A Review of Targeted Attacks in 2011: page 2
- Revolution of Russian Phone Number Spam: page 10
- Best Practices for Enterprises and Users: page 22
Download the report by clicking on the link below.