Symantec would like to announce an update of the Managed PKI Service, with enhancements for PKI Manager and PKI Client.
The PKI Manager Dashboard now displays certificate usage by type, allowing administrators to see and compare certificates in use. To assist customers in replacing SHA-1 certificates for SHA-2 certificates, PKI Manager now offers the ability to migrate certificate profiles. Additionally, the PKI Client for end users supports new third-party cryptographic service providers (CSPs), and has added new integration guides.
Summary of New Features
- PKI Manager Seat Pool Types
- PKI Manager Migration Support to SHA-2
- Expanded Support
PKI Manager Seat Pool Types
- In the PKI Manager, administrators will be able to see certificate seat usage by seat pool and sub-seat pool on the Dashboard. For example, users can see the number of user seats, device seats, server seats, and organization seats used and purchased.
PKI Manager Migration Support to SHA-2
- Ability to migrate to new profiles when your certificates are ready to expire or need to be re-keyed to SHA-2.
- More Information on SHA-2: SHA-2 is a set of Secure Hash Algorithms published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the National Security Agency (NSA) as the U.S. Federal Information Processing Standard. SHA-2 certificates are more secure than all previous algorithms, and many organizations may be required to upgrade to SHA-2 to comply with Federal and PCI compliance standards.
- Support for additional third-party Cryptographic Service Providers (CSPs):
- Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Provider (Windows only)
- eToken Base Cryptographic Provider
- Manufacturing accounts for embedded X.509 certificates now have a seat-pool check for the full and test drive accounts.
- Three new integration guides are now available in PKI Manager:
- Symantec Managed PKI Integration Guide for MobileIron Virtual SmartPhone Platform
- Symantec Managed PKI Integrating Secure Email Gateway Certificates with Clearswift SECURE Email Gateway
- Symantec Managed PKI Integrating Adobe CDS Organization Certificates with Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite for Adobe Reader
To see the latest platforms and devices supported, please refer to the Managed PKI v8.10 Release Notes.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter: @SymantecMPKI