Today, we’re excited to announce the availability of the Symantec Sealed Program that enables enterprises to adopt their choice of third-party mobile apps without compromising the enterprise-level security they need to protect critical information. The Sealed Program (part of Symantec App Center) delivers an ecosystem of trusted and secure third-party mobile apps, allowing enterprises to provide a protected mobile workspace for end-users. Enterprises can manage and distribute the Symantec Sealed third party apps in the same protected way that they would manage their in-house developed apps protected and managed by Symantec App Center.
Mobile workers—that’s the term you hear often because that’s what we are. We have always used our laptops to stay productive while “on-the-go”. With smartphones and tablets, mobility just got a lot easier. We might even attribute this to the millions of mobile applications that are available for entertainment, communication and more importantly, productivity.
Mobile users rely on their smartphones and tablets to stay productive, especially when they are on the road. More importantly, they rely on mobile apps to quickly access their data from any device on any network from any location. Apps and app management (MAM) have, therefore, become increasingly more important than device management alone.
Many enterprises are now considering mobilizing their core business processes to leverage the mobility trend and establish the edge they need to stay competitive. While enterprises could build their own apps, they may not have the time or resources to build the app or protection into the app. Symantec Sealed Program bridges this gap by offering a growing number of popular apps that are already protected.
For more information about our Sealed program, or to see a list of protected apps in the marketplace, click HERE.
Mobile App Developers
Joining the Sealed program is super simple. Once you sign up for the program you’re given tools to wrap your apps quickly. In a matter of minutes, mobile apps acquire policy-driven security controls—without requiring any additional coding or software development costs. A delighted partner commented, “From the initial sign-on to getting our app wrapped in the Symantec Sealed program, and delivering it to device, was shockingly simple.”
Key mobile app security controls enabled by the Symantec Sealed Program include:
- Encrypt mobile data
- Enforce a secure (SSL) connection for wrapped apps to ensure secure HTTP data-in-transit and to block apps from going to unauthorized websites
- Over-the-air (OTA) management of policy, including push, revoke, and remote wipe on an app-by-app basis
- Enable/restrict copy/paste of data between managed apps within the secure workspace
- Enable/restrict document sharing between managed apps within the secure workspace
- Manage user authentication, re-authentication, and single sign-on (SSO) within the secure workspace
- Enable/restrict offline access at the app level
- Destroy data and disable apps on jailbroken (iOS) or rooted (Android) devices
- Enable/restrict iOS 7 features: AirDrop®, AirPrint™, social media file sharing, Safari® reading list, iTunes® sharing, iCloud sharing
App Developers – Sign-up HERE to join the Symantec Sealed Program.