In this blog lets look at some of the features and capabilities of Symantec System Recovery 2013 Monitor. This blog is continuation of the introductory blog available at:
Symantec System Recovery Monitor 2013 provides users a choice to have one of the two views possibl: “Category” view and “All computers view”. To switch between these two views press ctrl+T
All computer view
SSR Monitor also provides the capability to add remote computers in a bulk fashion – using Import feature. To use the import feature user needs to set the “Default domain account” in the settings.
The applications settings:
- Facilitates user to configure application behavior
- Configuration settings are stored locally under the user account
- Default Domain Account allows the user to specify single set of credentials to monitor multiple machines
If SSR and SSR-Monitor are installed on the same computer then SSR-Monitor facilitates ‘1-to-1 mgmt’ feature using local SSR console. Users can launch SSR console of the added machine using the “Connect to Console” option[select and right click machine>Connect to console”] or by clicking on the “View Console” link. To enable the Connect to Console feature, make sure that one of the following versions is installed on the host computer:
- Backup Exec System Recovery v9.0.5 or above.
- Symantec System Recovery 10.0.2 or above.
It supports monitoring mixed environments where a computer is standalone or it is part of a domain/workgroup.
More in the next blog. Stay Tuned!
The hyperlink for the next blog in this series: