Symantec System Recovery 2013 Monitor
In this blog we are going to talk about SSR Monitor, a lightweight application that helps monitor the backup status of up to 100 machines. As a user you may want to just get a quick overview of the backup status of all the machines in your environment. SSR Monitor helps you do exactly this. You can add all the machines you wish to monitor and at a glance get to know the backup status of those machines and in case there are failures gets the list systems where the backup did not complete successfully.
How to install:
To install Symantec System Recovery 2013 Monitor:
- Download the Sym_System_Recovery_2013_Monitor_188.8.131.52534_Multilingual_Product.exe using following link:
- Copy it to the computer on which you want to install Symantec System Recovery 2013 Monitor.
- Double-click the exe.
- On the Symantec System Recovery Installation Wizard, follow the on-screen prompts.
Users can also choose to install Symantec System Recover 2013 monitor by running SSR installation setup. Once Symantec System Recovery Media browser launches, in the home page users will see the option to install Symantec System Recovery Monitor under "More Useful links. Please refer to screenshot below:
Before you install Symantec System Recovery 2013 Monitor, ensure that you have administrator's rights.
The following Microsoft Windows 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems are supported:
- Microsoft Windows XP (All Editions)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or R2
- Microsoft Windows Vista (All Editions)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or R2
- Microsoft Windows 7 (All Editions)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (Desktop Edition)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
It’s an easy to use and install application; please refer to the pre-requisites below:
- The minimum system requirements to run the Symantec System Recovery 2013 Monitor application:
- Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0
- On the machine to be monitored Symantec System Recovery Service should be operational.
- Simple File sharing option must be disabled [For XP and Windows 2003]
- To allow communication from the host computers, add DCOM port and SSR service to the firewall exceptions list. Please refer to following technote for more details:
- For Vista, Win7 and Win8 client OS, turn off UAC if using Standard user in workgroup environment or domain user with restrictive permissions in Domain environment.
Please refer to the Readme file after installing the application for more details.
SSR Monitor helps displays information like backup protection status, job last and next run time, remote BESR/SSR client version, protection status justification, etc. It allows addition, removal and edit of remote computer.
This is it for now. In the next follow up blog we will talk about different features and capabilities provided by SSR Monitor.
The next blog in this series is available at: