Symantec Workspace Virtualization (SWV) for 64-Bit Hardware - Advanced Registration Required
Announcing the upcoming beta of Symantec Workspace Virtualization (SWV) for 64-bit hardware. SWV provides the ability to virtualize and isolate applications for the purposes of resolving application conflicts, migration, and optimizing endpoints for increased productivity. We are taking advanced registrations for the beta cycle at http://beta.altiris.com.
As part of the Symantec Endpoint Virtualization Suite, SWV reduces testing requirements, and support calls and provides instant reset for broken applications.
FEATURES IN THIS RELEASE:
This release introduces support for 64-bit hardware as well as other features, including:
- SWV runs on Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Server 2008 64-bit, and Windows 7 64-bit
- SWV captures and runs 64-bit applications
- SWV captures and runs 32-bit application on the 64-bit driver
- SWV supports applications from the Wise Virtual Composer – a single tool to package both streaming and virtual packages
- Improved performance for streamed applications, boot time, and activation
- SWV no longer supports Windows 2000
TIMELINE: Symantec anticipates beta availability in the Q1 2010 timeframe. Register now and be notified when the beta is available for testing.
Thanks for your interest in our products. We look forward to working with you to improved the product.
Principal Program Manager