Help us test your Ideas in a new version of Backup Exec
This release of Backup Exec includes the following new features and capabilities:
- Improved Backup-to-Disk support on removable hard disk devices such as USB and Firewire
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 support
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 support
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 support
- Exchange 2010 SP1 support
- Mac OSX 10.6 “Snow Leopard” support
- A new, simpler wizard for installation designed for small or uncomplicated environments.
- View and add Backup Exec and Symantec RSS feeds in the Home view on the Backup Exec Administration Console to keep up with the latest release information on Backup Exec within the Backup Exec console
- An enhanced Backup Wizard to help make creating backup jobs easier than ever.
- New NDMP NAS device support from leading NAS vendors
- Deduplication Option now allows direct restores of granular data from a duplicate backup job between deduplication devices without data staging
- New tape device plug and play device detection and improved notification of online vs. offline devices
- Many other new usability improvement “Ideas” provided by our customers on www.symantec.com/connect
To sign up for the Backup Exec Beta Program today, Click Here to send an email to our Beta team with your contact information.
Thank you for your continued support of Backup Exec!
**This forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.